Naturally L&A Activation Fund
Lennox & Addington County is looking for BIG IDEAS that will help make our community even better! From now until November 13th, the L&A Economic Development Office is accepting applications for the Naturally L&A Activation Fund.
Up to $40,000 in funding is available for new and enhanced events, new tourism products, beautification projects, cultural programs and recreational initiatives. Eligible organizations include festival and event organizers, residents, businesses and community groups.
Please click here for a link to the application.
Applicants may request up to $5,000 for their project. Up to $10,000 in funding will be distributed to organizations located within each municipality (Addington Highlands, Stone Mills, Greater Napanee, Loyalist). The application window is open until November 13, 2022 for projects taking place between January 1 – December 31, 2023.
Below are some examples for each of the project categories:
• New Event Creation: Starting up a new event or festival that will attract tourists to Lennox and Addington. Potential new events could include music concerts, sporting events or other unique offerings.
• Existing Event Enhancements / Improvements: Examples of event enhancements include incorporating live music, local food or other exciting additions into your existing event. The enhancement will draw visitors from further afield and make for a more memorable experience
• New Recreational Products / Activities: New recreation products that improve our communities and attract new visitors and residents to Lennox and Addington. This could include hiking trails, paddling routes, cycling trails, nature walks, new recreational opportunities…etc.
• Cultural Products / Activities: New cultural products or activities that improve our communities and attract new people and residents to Lennox and Addington. This could include new theatre performances, public art, art shows…etc.
• Community Beautification: Activities that improve the “look” of Lennox and Addington. Could include community gardens, cleaning / repurposing of derelict properties, tree planting, trail maintenance…etc.
• New Tourism Products / Activities: Include developing activities with untapped potential and unique to Lennox and Addington. Examples include new attractions (i.e. stargazing tourism), themed tours (i.e. heritage walks), or business collaborations that add to the visitor experience (i.e. butter tart trail, farmgate trail, etc.).
If you are considering an application to this fund, please contact Rob Plumley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Community Development Officer at the County of Lennox and Addington to discuss the project.