Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program
Applications are now being accepted for the Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program. This program is available for businesses required to close or significantly restrict services as a result of provincial public health measures Here is a link to the application: https://www.app.grants.gov.on.ca/obcrp/#/.
Eligible businesses that are required to close or reduce capacity during the current provincial public health restrictions will receive rebate payments for up to 100% of their property tax and energy costs they incur while subject to these measures.
Eligible businesses required to close for indoor activities, such as restaurants and gyms, will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 100% of their costs and similarly, those required to reduce capacity to 50%, such as smaller retail stores, will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 50% of their costs.
Businesses will be required to submit proof of costs associated with property tax and energy bills as part of the application process. All eligible businesses must submit an application to be considered, including those that received previous COVID-19 support payments.
The following business types are eligible for support:
- Restaurants and bars
- Personal care services relating to the hair or body
- Retailers less than 50,000 sq ft (Non-grocery)
- Small grocery stores less than 5,000 sq ft
- Gyms and other facilities used for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including indoor spectator sports)
- Places of worship
- Indoor meeting and event spaces available for rent
- Indoor concert venues, theatres and cinemas
- Casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments
- Indoor portion of horse and car racing tracks
- Indoor museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions
- Indoor clubhouses at outdoor recreational amenities
- Indoor business associated with tour and guide services
- Oxygen bars
- Steam rooms and saunas
- Bathhouses and sex clubs
- Indoor teaching and instruction centres
- Indoor driving instruction centres
- Day camps and overnight camps for children
- Before- and after-school programs
- Pet and veterinary services