OPP Seize Over 7000 of Cannabis Plants in Stone Mills Township
Media Release: Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) have seized over 7000 thousand cannabis plants in Stone Mills Township.
CSCU officers, along with members of the Lennox and Addington OPP Detachment, OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) and OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed warrants on August 15, 2020 at four separate locations in the Enterprise area of Stone Mills Township.
Investigators seized over 7100 cannabis plants in total, along with over $10,000 in Canadian currency and four vehicles.
A total of 13 people were arrested in the area. Charged are
- Wuzhu CHEN, age 33 of Scarborough
- Xiao CHEN, age 33 of Toronto
- Shao Va CHUNG, age 70 of Stone Mills Township
- Liv Yuquin LIM, age 57 of Stone Mills Township
- Shao Ue LIM, age 77 of Toronto
- Hua Hui LIN, age 50 of Toronto
- Jin LIN, age 34 of Scarborough
- Song Bo LIN, age 41 of Toronto
- Kim Chun LIU, age 57 of Toronto
- Peiquan ZHENG, age 54 of Markham
- Jun Yao ZHU, age 33 of Stone Mills Township
All of these accused have been charged with:
- Cultivate propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants - Cannabis Act (CA) sec. 12(4)(b)
- Possession of proceeds obtained by crime - Criminal Code (CC) sec. 354(1)(a)
Brian Gerald WILSON and Heather WILSON, both age 61 of Stone Mills Township are each charged with Cultivate, propagate or harvest more than four plants, CA sec. 12(4)(b).
All accused persons were released on an undertaking and are scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee on October 6, 2020.